Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (53)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, in which we highlight an upcoming book release we're eagerly awaiting.


This week I'm waiting on The Reluctant Hallelujah by Gabrielle Williams. You may have heard of Gabrielle's other novel, Beatle Meets Destiny, and you may have also read it and so can agree with me that it was fabulous. I'm very excited for this, especially for its intriguing synopsis:



  But there I go, getting ahead of myself. Skipping straight to the part where I was front-page news and they were calling me Dorothy, instead of starting at the beginning...

When Dodie's parents go missing just as final year exams are about to start, she convinces herself they're fine. But when the least likely boy in class holds the key – quite literally – to the huge secret her parents have been hiding all these years, it's up to Dodie, her sister, the guy from school, and two guys she's never met before, to take on the challenge of a lifetime. So now Dodie's driving – unlicensed –to Sydney, and being chased by bad guys, the police, and one very handsome good guy.


[Synopsis by Goodreads]

The Reluctant Hallelujah is being published by Penguin Australia on the 22nd of February, 2012.

Feel free to leave a link to your own Waiting On Wednesday post in the comments, and I'll be sure to have a look.