Sunday, August 21, 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. For it, we highlight books we've received over the past week.


The ones standing to the left are either gifted or won:
  • Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater (from my amazing sister because of my A on the Chemistry mid-year).
  • The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (from Cecelia at Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia).
  • So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti (also from Cecelia).
    I don't think I've ever mentioned how much I enjoy Susane Colasanti's books here before but I really enjoy Susane Colasanti's books. Think Sarah Dessen with a sprinkle of Courtney Summers.

The big pile in the middle are books I bought:
  • The Forest Of Hands And Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  • Betrayals by Lili St. Crow
  • The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray.
    I've only read the first book in the Gemma Doyle series, but I'm excited to read the other two as well.
  • Blue Bloods, Masquerade, and The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa De La Cruz.
    Again, I've only read the first one, but I enjoyed it more than I expected, so I snatched these up.
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green.
    The American edition! The Hill Of Content Bookshop had so many editions of books that aren't published in Australia.
  • If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  • Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty.
    These together were only $1 from this amazing second-hand bookstore in Carlton.

The books standing to the right came for review:
  • Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (thanks to Penguin).
    This was a total surprise, arriving just a few hours after my friend and I were talking about it.
  • Fury by Elizabeth Miles (thanks to Simon & Schuster).
    Another that came as a surprise.
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (thanks to Allen & Unwin!).
    I've already read this one, almost immediately after getting it. I lent it to my friend as well, and we spent most of the week gushing about it.
  • Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson (thanks to Simon & Schuster).
    Another I've already read. My review should be coming in a few days time.
  • All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin (thanks to Pan Macmillan).
    Not pictured because I'm reading it at the moment. Very good so far!

And also on my camera, I noticed when taking that picture, were photos from the two signings I went to for Maria V Snyder and Kelley Armstrong:



So what did you guys get this month? Leave me a link to your own In My Mailbox post!