Monday, January 31, 2011

January Wrap-Up


January's over, and my main concern now is that school resumes in mere days. My last year of high school. Eep. Once the reviews I have scheduled go up, expect less frequent blogging ahead.



But anyway, January's been a fairly big on the blog, what with all my free holiday time, and so here's this month's wrap-up.

_________________________________________

Challenges:

2011 Debut Author Challenge:
This month for the Debut Author Challenge, I read and reviewed Across The Universe - Beth Revis' debut that was released on the 11th. You can see my review here.

100+ Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 15 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 100 books this year. You can see my list of books read with links to their reviews so far here.

Aussie YA Reading Challenge:
This month I read and reviewed 2 novels that go towards the challenge's goal of reading 12 YA books by Australian authors - Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James, and Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams. Their reviews are linked below, marked by asterisks.


Reviews:

This month I've reviewed the following books:
- Freefall by Mindi Scott
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
- Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
- Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
- Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
- Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James*
- Forget You by Jennifer Echols
- Right Side Talking by Bonnie Rozanski

- Hold Still by Nina LaCour
- Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Bliss by Lauren Myracle
- The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
- Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams*
- Across The Universe by Beth Revis
- Shadowspell by Jenna Black

You can find a list of all the books (alphabetized) that I've ever reviewed on this blog here.


Book Of The Month:

A new thing on the blog, starting next month inspired by Audrey at holes In My brain: having a Book Of The Month! I'll pick the favorite book I read that month, and feature it as my Book Of The Month next month.



February's Book Of The Month is Across The Universe by Beth Revis.









So that was January in review. How was your month?